ATA and TDB/BOFT Carnets
Advantages of using the ATA or TDB/BOFT Carnet
- Eliminates payment of duties and taxes.
- Helps businesses to internationalize.
- Cuts out the need for a Customs declaration at each customs check point.
- Allows the use of a single document for all customs transactions.
- Cuts out the need for a cash deposit or a guarantee in some form to be lodged when bringing goods into the country of temporary importation.
- Reduces time/customs clearance costs.
- Permits commercial or professional travellers and exhibitors to make customs arrangements in advance for a country or countries they intend to visit.
- Permits them to make these arrangements in Singapore quickly and at a pre-determined cost.
- Permits travellers the use of a single ATA carnet for goods which will pass through several customs check points during the course of one trip.
What items are covered?
- Commercial samples and advertising film
- Goods for international exhibitions
- Professional equipment such as:
- Cinematographic/musical equipment
- Costumes, scenery & other stage properties
- Educational equipment
- Press and broadcasting equipment
- Surgical equipment
Who may use an ATA or TDB/BOFT Carnet?
- Fair exhibitors
- Professional individuals and teams: architects, artists, educationalists, engineers, entertainers, film crew, surgeons, etc
- Travelling business/sales executives
Fees for ATA or TDB/BOFT Carnet
These fees are subject to GST at the prevailing rate.
|Each Additional Country ( applicable for ATA Carnet only)||S$30.00||S$60.00|
|Urgent Processing Fee (1 working day)||S$150.00||S$300.00|
|Each Additional Sheet for Listing Products (applicable for ATA Carnet only)||S$3.00||S$6.00|