As a business chamber, Singapore International Chamber of Commerce (SICC) collects business information for the purpose of serving its corporate members. SICC also collects personal information from employees of member companies who participate in our events and committees as well as in our partners’ events.
The personal data that SICC requests and you voluntarily provide includes, but is not limited to (individually and collectively referred to as “Personal Data”):
- personal identification information, including your name, gender, work designation, images, photographs, videos and voice recordings
- contact information, including your office postal address, your office email address and phone numbers;
- technical and statistical data, such as your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses, which will automatically be collected by SICC to maintain service quality and to compile general statistics regarding use of the SICC web site and the open and click through rates of the SICC weekly e-newsletter MemberCONNECT and EDMs.
The Personal Data you voluntarily provide helps SICC to maintain its relationship with you, process transactions, fulfil our delivery obligations for any goods, services or activities you undertake with SICC and improve service delivery. In particular, SICC collects your Personal Data for the following purposes, including without limitation:
- Internal record keeping
- Processing relevant information for organising and delivering SICC activities, e.g. events and committees
- Sending you regular email updates about new events and committees using the email address which you voluntarily provide. You always have the option of opting out from receiving such information
- Responding to feedback from you
- From time to time, SICC may use your information to contact you by email, phone, or mail to conduct research
SICC may also use and disclose your Personal Data with and to third parties. In order to fulfill the Purposes listed above, in which case, we may:
- Share your Personal Data with our trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you emails or postal mails, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your Personal Data except to provide these services to us, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Data. SICC does not sell, rent or lease your Personal Data to third parties.
- Necessary for any investigation or legal proceedings, including but not limited to fraud, intellectual property infringement or privacy
- Necessary for establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights, or obtaining legal services
- Necessary for responding to an emergency that threatens the life, health or safety of an individual;
Your consent for the collection or use of your Personal Data will necessarily be implied from the circumstances by nature of the task or transaction, including your interaction with us or in the course of signing up for, or accepting, any of our products, services or activities you have requested.
We will, upon your written request to our [Data Protection Officer] (see contact details and requirements below), allow you to enquire about the ways in which your personal data has been or may have been used or disclosed within a year before the request. Where required or authorised to do so by law, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee for this service and/or deny your request for access to your Personal Data.
You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is current, complete and accurate. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the products, services and activities you have requested.
If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email our Data Protection Officer (see contact details and requirements below).
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, the legal or business purposes of SICC, or as required by relevant laws. When destroying Personal Data, we will take commercially reasonable and technically possible measures to make the personal information irrecoverable or irreproducible in accordance with the applicable laws.
We are committed to ensuring the security and protection of your Personal Data in our possession or our control by making reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying modification, disposal or similar risks. For example:
- In order to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure, loss, misuse or alteration of information, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online
- Access to personally identifiable information is only provided to our authorised staff via restricted passwords
- When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol
While we strive to protect your Personal Data, we cannot completely guarantee the security of any Personal Data we may have collected from or about you, or that no harmful code will enter our websites (for example viruses, bugs, trojan horses, spyware or adware). You should be aware of the risks associated with disclosing any information or transacting over the Internet or when using online portals, and we urge you to take every precaution when using the Internet to disclose your Personal Data to us, including the use of strong passwords, changing your password regularly and using a secure browser.
If applicable, you undertake to keep your username and password secure and confidential and shall not disclose or permit it to be disclosed to any unauthorised person, and to inform us as soon as reasonably practicable if you know or suspect that someone else knows your username and password or believe the confidentiality of your username and password has been lost, stolen or compromised in any way or that actual or possible unauthorised transactions have taken place. We are not liable for any loss or damage resulting from your act or omission to safe-keep your username and password from unauthorised use.
Our websites do not capture Personal Data about your online use unless you choose to access or use our websites or provide such information to us.
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive that helps to analyse web traffic or let you know when you visit a particular site, and can include information about the way you use a website, your choice of Internet browser, the type of device you are accessing it from, and where you are in the world. In particular:
- Cookies allow web applications to tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences, but a cookie does not give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us
- Traffic log cookies enable us to identify which pages are being used and help us to analyse data about webpage traffic to tailor services to your needs. The information is solely used for statistical analysis
You can choose to accept or decline cookies in the course of browsing a website. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of our websites.
- Would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data;
- Would like to obtain access and make corrections to your Personal Data
Data Protection Officer
Singapore International Chamber of Commerce
To protect your privacy and security, we will also require you to verify your identity before we can respond substantially to your request.