Strategy Execution: The Key to Competitive Advantage
1 December 2017 @ 8:40 am - 10:30 am
SICC Members' Room, Singapore
The Chamber organised the second of two breakfast sessions with a panel of business leaders to discuss the topic of strategy execution on 1 December.
The panel comprised of:
- Girija Pande, Executive Chairman, Apex Avalon Consulting Pte Ltd
- Tommy Leong, Zone President, East Asia & Japan, Schneider Electric South East Asia (HQ) Pte Ltd
- Mr Wong Joo Seng, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Spark Systems Pte Ltd
Their hour-long discussion was moderated by Prof. Richard Smith, Professor of Strategic Management (Practice) at Singapore Management University.
Key learning points that participants took away from this session include:
- Strategy execution and navigating turbulence
- When execution becomes a competitive advantage
- The importance of synergy between company culture and strategy
- The importance of getting a good core team which is in alignment
- Reducing management layers to enhance employee engagement and effective communication of management vision
- Having the right vision at the right time to align the company narrative
- Aligning strategic leadership in a way that enables execution excellence
Many thanks to our panel and moderator for sharing their insights on strategy execution.