A panel discussion on collaborative innovation was organized on 8 September. The panel consisted of the 2017 SICC Awards Winners:
- Kelly Tan, Senior Vice President, City Developments Limited
- Marvin Low, Key Account Manager, Fagerdala Singapore Pte Ltd
- Rafi Mohamed, Senior Manager, Infineon Technologies AP Pte Ltd
- Peter D-Silva, Vice President, Supply Chain, Kimberly-Clark Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
Reflecting on their respective collaborative innovation success stories, the panelists highlighted key learning points that were crucial for their collaborations to succeed. These included:
- Fostering an organisational culture that encourages employees to be creative and consider new ways of doing things
- Having open discussions between partners before the start of the collaboration to ensure all parties are aligned
- Planning for the collaboration to be long-term, if the partnership is successful
Their discussion was moderated by Professor Gerry George, Dean of the Lee Kong Chian School of Business at the Singapore Management University.
If you have a good collaboration innovation story to share, we encourage you to submit a nomination for the 2018 SICC Awards. To participate, submit your answers to 8 simple questions by 27 October 2017. Shortlisted finalists will be invited to present their collaboration to the judging panel. Visit www.siccawards.com.sg to find out more.