Circular Economy Series: Alternative Energy
10 December 2020 @ 10:00 am – 11:30 am
On 10 December, the Chamber’s Circular Economy Interest Group, in collaboration with the Packaging Committee of EuroCham, Singapore, held the second instalment of their joint Circular Economy Series. The topic was Alternative Energy. The point was cogently made that there is no alternative but to invest in and use renewable energy sources to sustain our planet and our own existence. There is no excuse given how cost effective solar power has become. Energy conservation is also key: turn off that light or aircon if you don’t need it.
The following businesspeople shared their knowledge and insights on some of the key energy challenges faced by businesses, consumers and societies. Changing consumer mindsets and reforming regulations to enable renewable energy solutions to be rolled out were discussed.
– Mr. Gavin Adda, CEO, Total Solar Distributed Generation, Southeast Asia
– Ms. Elodie Hecq, Head of Sales, Singapore, BeeBryte
– Mr. Vincent Bakker, Co-Founder & Chief Financial Officer, Positive Energy Ltd
– Mr. Hans Van Mameren, Founder, Energy-Renewed
– Ms. Cherine Fok, Director, Sustainability Services, KPMG IMPACT (Moderator)
The Chamber would like to thank the panellists and moderator for their time. We would also like to thank EuroCham, Singapore for the collaboration and Lloyd and Vincent for making the opening and closing remarks. We look forward to welcoming more of you to the next collaborative Circular Economy Series webinar next year.
Watch the recording of the webinar here.
In collaboration with: