Your Chamber’s annual dialogue with the Ministry of Education (MOE) this year focused on two themes:
- Nurturing the joy of learning in students to promote intrinsic motivation, pursue passions and embrace lifelong learning and
- Developing ‘Entrepreneurial Dare’ to encourage students to try new experiences, take risks, and build resilience adaptability.
Mr Ng Hock Soon, Deputy Director, Curriculum Policy Office at MOE gave a presentation on some of the current practices in schools. One example includes a 7-week modular co-curricular activity (CCA) programme that exposes primary school students to a variety of CCAs and allows them to discover their interests and strengths. For secondary school students, they are engaged in driving commercially viable solutions for social and global issues. This helps to foster critical and inventive thinking and fuel the entrepreneurial spirit in the youths. Click here to download the presentation deck.
The presentation was followed by a Q&A session with a panel of key MOE officers:-
- Mr Ong Kong Hong, Director, Curriculum Policy Office, MOE
- Mr Kenneth Lee, Director, Humanities, MOE
- Mr Aaron Loh, Principal, Commonwealth Secondary School
We would like to thank MOE and all attendees for participating in this dialogue. We hope this exchange of insights will play a small part in helping to shape Singapore’s education system.