The Employer is a reputed and well-established residential home for elders. It has a strong track record of providing compassionate and quality care for senior citizens in Singapore for more than five decades. Registered with the Ministry of Social and Family Development, the Home has a team of more than 30 dedicated professionals who provide shelter, support and care to meet the physical and spiritual needs of the residents. The Home is open to all irrespective of race or religion and is in the process of expanding its operations and facilities.
To provide overall leadership of its management and operations, the Home is looking for a senior professional to join the team as:
Position: General Manager (Elder Care Home)
Job Code: EXP/GM-ECH/SG/1022
Reporting to the management committee, the selected candidate will provide overall leadership to the team and will be responsible for full spectrum of all operations and supporting functions. He/She will lead, mentor and motivate an accomplished team of professionals who are deeply passionate about providing the best standard of care to the residents.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Oversee and ensure smooth daily operations of the Home
• Work closely with the Management Committee in developing and executing various strategic development initiatives
• Ensure high standards in the provision and delivery of direct care to residents
• Manage the Home in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and guidelines
• Interface and manage relations with external parties including vendors, service providers, and government agencies
• Improve, formulate, develop and implement governance policies of the Home, and continually manage, refine, and improve on all existing processes of the Home
• Develop organisational capability for service delivery
• Manage budgeting; and monitor operating costs in line with financial performance goals
• Evaluate performance and productivity; and mentor and develop team members
• Provide regular updates/reports to the Management Committee and Board of Directors
Ideal candidates will have:
• Deep passion for the social sector, especially for working with the elderly,
• At least 15 years of experience in the social service sector, preferably in the provision of direct care to the elderly
• Strong exposure to managing operations and overseeing all supporting functions in elder care homes, or nursing homes, or similar facilities.
• Some cross-functional experience preferred especially in finance, human resource, operations, marketing, and fund raising.
• Hands-on in managing/overseeing the day-to-day matters of the Home.
• Familiarity with current issues faced by, and the prevailing law, regulations, rules and guidelines (including those of AIC and Ministry of Health) in relation to the running of an elder care home
• Experience in managing a diverse team. Ability to mentor, develop and motivate team members.
• Ability to update/improve existing processes, or create new ones to continually improve how the Home is managed
• Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
• Solution-oriented approach. Ability to identify problems and come up with solutions quickly,
• Strong commitment to maintaining consistent high standards of service delivery
• Strong work ethics and value systems. Proactive. Meticulous.
Please apply with a detailed CV (preferably including details on Education & Training, Key Skills, Detailed Work Experience, Professional Referees, Current/Expected Salaries and Contact Details) to [email protected]
Kindly state the position and Code as the subject of your email. We regret that we would only be in a position to respond to shortlisted candidates.